Here are some topics for our discussion of Goodfellas on M. Feel free to start the conversation in comments or to suggest additional points for discussion.
- The characters as demonstrations of marginality and marginalization as contingent and relative depending on context and the kinds of relationships someone has with other people.
- The use of sound in the movie and how it affects our interpretation of m-e-s, especially the voiceovers and music choices.
- The use of freeze frames.
- The camera as a "character" in the film.
- Violence as part of m-e-s.
- M-e-s and "the life."